Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
When you use the Platform, for example to register to create an account, update your information, sign up for a subscription, use certain features, access or download content, purchase items or enter into promotions, refer others to the Platform, interact with us via third party application or social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us, we or our service providers or business partners may collect information that relates to you, including personal information, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile phone number, credit card or debit card details, geographic location, mailing address, date of birth, gender, demographic information, photos, videos, social media account details and other information from your device.
Information Collected Automatically
Whenever you visit or interact with the Platform, Saavn, as well as any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Platform is accessed and used ("Usage Information"). Usage Information may include information collected in the following ways:
- Log Files: Information is logged about your use of the Platforms, including your browser type, operating system, activations, content you purchase, access, download or burn, access and listening times, the page served and the preceding page views. This statistical usage data provides us with information about the use of the Platform, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Platform, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they "click" on. It also provides us with information about your interactions with songs, playlists, audiovisual content and other Saavn users, as well as advertising and products or services offered through or linked from the Platform. This information helps us keep our Platform fresh and interesting to our visitors and tailor content to a visitor’s interests.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device when you access or use the Platform; or if you choose to turn on your Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or other geolocation functionality when you use the App, subject to your consent, the App may collect and use your geolocation information. We may share your location with certain third-parties for analytics and advertising purposes.
- Device Identifiers: Saavn may automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier ("Device Identifier") for the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device (collectively, "Device") you use to access the Platform, including the hardware model and mobile network information. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers, and includes AD-IDs or IDFAs, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. We may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, administer the Platform, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users’ web page movements, help identify, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Similarly, we may use analytics platforms and other tracking technologies to help us track and analyze usage of our Platform, using cookies, pixels and other tracking technologies.
Information Received from Other Sources
We also may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Platform. For example, if you create an account using your credentials from a third-party social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, profile and account information, such as lists of your friends, "likes", comments you have shared, groups and location, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party social media site. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on our Platform to your profile page to share with others within your network. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users of a third party application or website give us access to their profiles and you are one of their "connections" or information about you is otherwise accessible through your "connections'" web page, profile page, or similar page on a social networking or other third party website or interactive service.
You may integrate your Saavn account with third party applications and sites. If you do, we may receive similar information related to your interactions with the Saavn service on the third party application, as well as information about your publicly available activity on the third party application or site.
We may also receive information about you from our partners and service providers, (including, for example, business partners, analytics vendors, advertising networks and search information providers) which we use to personalize your Saavn experience, to measure ad quality and responses, and to display ads that are more likely to be relevant to you.
How we use the Information Collected
We may use the information about you for a variety of business purposes, including for example, to:
- respond to your questions and requests and provide customer service;
- provide you with access to certain features of the Platform;
- deliver the services you request, process transactions and send you related information;
- verify your identity; communicate with you about your activities on the Platform;
- tailor content, advertisements, offers and promotions offered by Saavn and others, and provide news and other information we think will be of interest to you;
- perform market research, Platform analytics and operations;
- personalize and improve the Platform and products, services and advertising (including for third party products and services) made available on or outside the Platform (including on other sites/ apps that you visit), for example by providing personalized or localized content, recommendations, features, and provide advertisements, content or features that match your interests and preferences;
- link or combine with information we receive from others to help understand your needs and to provide you with better service;
- contact you with regard to your use of the Platform and interest in certain products and services, and, in our discretion, changes to any Saavn policy;
- communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, for marketing and promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us; and
- for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your personal information or otherwise with your consent.
Sharing of Information
The information collected or generated through your use of the Platform may be shared by you or by us as described below.
Sharing of Information by You
Saavn is a social service that offers many ways to find, enjoy, and share content. Your name and/or username, profile picture, who you follow, your followers, and your Saavn user profile will be publicly available.
Your Activities: Your activity on the Platform (e.g., music you listen to, music you share), playlists created or followed, and content you post to the Platform are made publicly available by default and can be accessed by users who follow you or view your Saavn profile and will also be displayed publicly in third-party search engine results and may appear together with other public profile information, such as your playlists, picture and name and/or username. Although this information is made public by default, in the "Your Choices" section below, we describe the controls that you can use to limit the sharing of your information.
Third Party Platforms: If your Saavn account is connected to a third party application or social medial platform, Saavn may automatically share your activity with that service, including the content you use and such information may be attributed to your account on the third party platform and published on such service. Likewise, if you log into a third party application with your Saavn account, that third party application may have access to certain information such as your Saavn playlists and activity. A third party platform’s use of information collected from you (or as authorized by you) is governed by the third party platform’s privacy policies and your settings on the relevant service.
Sharing of Information by Us
Business Transfers: Your information may also be used by us or shared with our subsidiaries and affiliates for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all or substantially all of our assets, or assets related to the Platform, your information may be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
If you do not want to receive the benefits of targeted advertising, go the section below on Your Choices for more information on how to opt-out of these tracking and advertising services.
Cookies & Tracking
- To learn how you may be able to reduce the number of cookies you receive from us or third parties, or delete cookies that have already been installed in your browser’s cookie folder, please refer to your browser’s help menu or other instructions related to your browser to see if you can reject or disable such cookies. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies used in connection with our Platform. To delete or disable flash cookies, please visit adobe for more information. If you do disable or opt out of receiving cookies, please be aware that some features and services on our Platform may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize and associate you with your account(s). In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests.
- As described above, we, or other parties we do business with, may place or recognize unique cookies or other technologies on your browser when you visit our Platform to collect information about your use of our Platform and your other online activities over time and across different websites and apps, and may use that information to serve interest-based advertisements to you as you browse the Internet. To learn more about such interest-based advertising, and to opt-out of such collection and use for online behavioral advertising by Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies in the United States, please visit: – aboutads.info/choices; DAA AppChoices – aboutads.info/appchoices. To opt out from the use of information about your online activities for online behavioral advertising by NAI member companies, visit: networkadvertising.org/choices.
- Canadian users can also visit: youradchoices.ca/choices.
- European users can also visit youronlinechoices.eu to learn how to opt out of having their data used for online behavioral advertising by European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) member companies.
- Please note that even if you choose to remove your information (opt out), you will still see advertisements while you’re browsing online, however they may be less relevant to you and your interests. Additionally, many network advertising programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive. Please note that if you opt-out of targeted advertising, we may still track your visits to the Platform for our own analytics, operations and security purposes.
- To learn how to change your Device Identifier, please refer to your device’s help menu or other instructions.
- Some browsers have a "Do Not Track" feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so note that our systems are not configured to recognize Do Not Track headers or signals from some or all browsers.
Data Sharing and Communications
You may always direct us not to share your personal information with third parties, not to use your information to provide you with information or offers, or not to send you newsletters, e-mails or other communications by:
- Sending us an e-mail at: email@example.com
- Contacting us by mail at:
460 Park Avenue South, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10016
- Following the removal instructions in the communication that you receive. Your opt-out request will be processed within 30 days of the date on which we receive it.
Please note that if you opt-out of various uses of your information the service we provide to you and relevant offers may be impacted. Also, If you opt out of receiving promotional offers, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights: California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By downloading our App or using the Platform, you consent to our collection of location information and sharing with third parties for analytics and advertising purposes. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by going to the setting feature on your Device and changing your preferences. If you do so, certain features of our App may no longer function. You also may stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove our App from your device.
Access to Your Information
If you wish to verify, correct, or update any of your personal information collected through the Platform, you may contact us at the above address or e-mail. The information associated with you that is made publically available (such as your photo or user name) depends on your login method. For example, if you do not want your photo to be made publically available in connection with to your email address, you can login by phone or email. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain personal information you have submitted through the Platform. We are under no obligation to store such personal information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such personal information. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
The Platform is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her personal information without the parent/guardian’s consent.
Security of your Information
We use certain reasonable security measures to help protect your personal information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Platform and provide us with your information at your own risk.
The Platform may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate. This includes links from service providers, advertisers, sponsors and partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. We do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices. These other web sites may send their own cookies to your Device, they may independently collect data or solicit personal information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any site which appears or claims that it is one of our Platforms (including those linked to through an email or social networking page).
Consent to Processing & International Transfers
Saavn is a global business and processes, transfers and stores information about our users on servers located in a number of countries. As a result, Saavn may share or transfer your information with third parties located in countries other than your home country. Your personal information may therefore be subject to privacy laws that are different from those in your country of residence. If you are located in India, the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed by third parties in a country outside of your country of residence. By using the Platform, or providing us with any information, you consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
How to Contact Us
Address: 460 Park Avenue South, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10016